Stranger Things season 4 is around the corner, and Netflix has revealed fans with the next breadcrumb of information. The nine episodes of Season 4 will be released in two parts: seven in part 1 on May 27, and the remaining two in part 2 on July 1. Additionally, the episodes will be far longer than in any prior season.
The amount of episodes included in each season of Stranger Things has never been consistent. The first season only featured 8 episodes, while season 2 went to 9 episodes, and then back to 8 episodes for season 3. This means that season 4’s nine total episodes will make it one of the biggest seasons the show has ever had, but it’s each episode’s length that really sets it apart from the others.
Throughout the first three seasons of Stranger Things, episodes have typically lasted 50 minutes, with a few outliers. Season 4 defies this tendency with episodes that are almost all at least 75 minutes long. The last episode of part 1 has even clocked in at 98 minutes, and director and executive producer Shawn Levy has said that certain episodes are longer than his feature films, including Free Guy and The Adam Project. The last episode of the upcoming season is supposed to be two and a half hours long.
- Chapter 1: The Hellfire Club – 1hr 16min
- Chapter 2: Vecna’s Curse – 1hr 15min
- Chapter 3: The Monster and the Superhero – 1hr 3min
- Chapter 4: Dear Billy – 1hr 17 min
- Chapter 5: The Nina Project – 1hr 14min
- Chapter 6: The Dive – 1hr 13min
- Chapter 7: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab – 1hr 38min
- Chapter 8: Papa – 1hr 25min
- Chapter 9: The Piggyback – 2hr 30min
Season 4 is Stranger Things’ penultimate season. There’s no knowing how lengthy season 5 of Stranger Things may be, given the length of this season’s episodes.