Stranger Things Season 4 Vol.1 received an extra 159.24 million hours of viewing in its second full week, increasing its total to 781.04 million hours in 17 days. The historical sci-fi series surpassed Bridgeton Season 2 (656M) and Bridgerton Season 1 (625M), which are currently in second and third place, respectively, on Netflix’s all-time list of Most Popular English-language TV series, which counts viewership during a season’s first 28 days on the site.
Stranger Things Season 4 Vol. 1 immediately rose to #3 on Netflix’s all-time list for English-language series after only 10 days (621.80m hours seen), with only the two parts of Bridgerton ahead of it.
Stranger Things Season 4 now ranks second on Netflix’s overall all-time list for English- and non-English programs, after blockbuster Squid Game, which has 1.65 billion hours seen in its first 28 days. With the popularity of Stranger Things Season 4 Vol. 1 waning, the Duffer Brothers’ smash will likely remain in the second position until Vol. 2 is published.
Stranger Things stayed at the top of Netflix’s weekly English Language TV chart for the week of June 6-12, with a total of 149.3 million hours viewed; Season 2 is at #2 with 51.4 million hours viewed; Season 1 is at #3 with 50.3 million hours viewed, and Season 3 is at #4 with 47.6 million hours viewed.
Stranger Things Season 4 has already smashed the following Netflix records:
- The greatest opening weekend ever for an English-language TV program on Netflix with 286.79 Million hours streamed.
- The first season is in the Netflix Top 10 in 83 countries.
- The most-watched English-language TV season on Netflix in a single week, with 335.01 million hours seen in the last seven days.
- The series jumped to #3 on our Most Popular TV list just ten days after its launch, with 621.80 million hours watched.
- The series debuted at #1 on Top 10 lists in 91 countries, a milestone for an English-language television show.